- 30-Mar-2013 to 04-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Vancouver, BC, CAN
- Part Time
Health Action Network Society (HANS) is a natural health educational charity that has been providing information and advocating preventive medicine and holistic therapeutics for more than 30 years. We require an individual who is able to direct and inspire a dedicated and knowledgeable staff.
As the successful candidate, you will help to establish and execute the organization's overall vision with direct responsibility for fundraising and revenue-generating activities, corporate events and sponsorships.
You are a professional with a network of corporate, community and media contacts. You are an accomplished project and event manager, who can multi-task on time and within budget. You have the ability to identify and capitalize on a diverse range of new opportunities.
You are a creative and innovative thinker and you possess a proven track-record that easily demonstrates your ability to create fundraising models. You possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to effectively engage with our Board of Directors, members, staff and volunteers.
• Overseeing existing initiatives and events in areas of corporate donations and sponsorships, proposal development and grant submissions, individual direct mail and community-based events.
• In collaboration with our Board, identifying and developing opportunities and strategies for new fund raising, growing revenue and enhancing community presence.
• Building, supporting and maintaining relationships with professional and individual members, and prospective members.
• Working closely with Board and staff to contribute to the overall goals of the organization.
• Schedule, organize and attend committee meetings.
• Prepare and distribute committee agendas, minutes and other documents, like policy reviews.
• Plan, budget, coordinate logistics and evaluate educational events
• Assist in the development and execution of marketing strategies for educational events, including the use of social media and online marketing tools.
• Other duties that may arise as the position is further developed.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration, Communications, Marketing or a relevant post-secondary degree.
• Minimum of three years related experience with a proven track record in fundraising and revenue generation for the non-profit sector.
• Superior verbal and written communication, customer service, "can do" enthusiastic attitude, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
The following experience would be considered an asset:
• Experience facilitating and coordinating committees.
• Experience in project management.
• Financial planning and management skills.
• Experience in the implementation of communications and marketing strategies and plans.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with a professional association.
*Hours and compensation based upon qualifications and experience*
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings